Monday, February 25, 2019

     
     


     Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Erica and I have been a public school teacher for 7 years. I have experience in grades K-2 and with one-to-one devices in the classroom. My school district has had one-to-one devices in the classroom for 4 years and we have been riding the wave to technology integration!

     As you know one of the most difficult issues that have accompanied our tech savvy kids is their secret digital lives. Cyber-bulling has become a prevalent issue both outside and inside of the school building. Often cyber troubles brew at home or in the community and spill over into the schoolhouse.

     According to the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, in 2017 an estimated 14.9% of high school students were electronically bullied in the 12 months prior. It is our goal as parents and educators to work together in order to educate and protect our students from this recent epidemic.

     In my blog, we will discuss what to do, when to do it and how to handle cyber bullies and their victims! Let's work together to build a safer tomorrow for our kids!

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I can't wait to read more about what you have to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow as an elementary teacher it sure is alarming that still, almost 15% of high schoolers are in this position too! One would hope they would learn how to navigate an online presence by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually surprised to hear that statistic is so low. I hear so many of my students talking about messages sent to each other over the weekend, and have had to get parents and administration involved on multiple occasions. Will be great to know how we can support our students and each other in addressing cyber-bullying!

    ReplyDelete